With detailed reviews from the evaluation of 12,618 customers, OnlyProEvolution experts have come up with the 5 best products for the best 4k capture card for pc. Let’s learn a look at the top brands loved by consumers: Elgato, AVerMedia, RYNX, UNISHEEN.
Our top pick best 4k capture card for pc
With plenty of 4k capture cards for pc gaming on the market, many people find it, changeling, to decide which one to select. Fortunately, today you have clicked the right page. We’ve compiled a list of the best 4k capture card for pc that includes form factor, processor support, onboard features, customer reviews and ratings, brand reputation, price, expansion slots and ports, and SATA support. Following is our roundup of the best 4k capture card for pc:
- HDMI 2.0b Video Inputs: 4
- HDMI Audio Inputs: 8 Channels embedded in SD/HD/UHD/4K
- Computer Interface: PCI Express 8 lane generation 3, compatible with 8 and 16 lane PCI Express slots More detail…
- Go live on any platform in no time thanks to ultra-low-latency technology
- Easily connect your DSLR, camcorder, or action cam to your PC or Mac
- Broadcast in stunning quality up to 1080P60 or 4K at 30 FPS More detail…
- 4K 60 fps pass-through for uninterrupted, smooth gameplay for uninterrupted, smooth gameplay
- Full HD 1080P at 60 FPS for powerful streaming performance for powerful streaming performance
- Hemi 2. 0 & USB 3. 0 Connectivity for zero latency output and maximum details More detail…
- Ultra quality: Capture your gameplay in immaculate 4K resolution at 60 FPS
- Instant Gameview: power your workflow with superior low latency technology
- Dedicated software: Record with ease and export to your favorite editing app More detail…
- Input: HDMI (unencrypted)
- Output: HDMI (lag-free passthrough) Supported resolutions: up to 2160p60
- HDR 10-bit: Passthrough & recording Encoding: HEVC/H.265 HDR, AVC/H.264 More detail…
When selecting a 4k capture card for pc gaming, there’s a lot to think about. First, think about how you’re planning to set up your capture device. While many are external boxes, some are internally installed in desktop computers. Resolution is key as well.
The vast majority of modern capture cards record in 1080p with some 4K-capable capture cards as well. Equally as important as a resolution is the refresh rate. 60Hz or 60 images per second are the industry standard, though that varies.
Aside from recording resolution and refresh rate, consider passthrough. Some capture devices can only record in 1080p at 60Hz but can pass through a 4K 144Hz signal. Inputs and connectivity are key. For current PCs and game consoles, HDMI is the preferred input, but if you’re recording from older devices you might look for component, composite, and S-Video inputs as well. And with power delivery, you’ll often find USB Type-A and USB-C powered capture cards.
Where you want to save recordings matters. PC connectivity is a given type, but onboard storage via an SD card or microSD card is useful. Finally, consider game streaming. Lots of capture cards come bundled with software that enables game streaming with the likes of Twitch.
1. Does a capture card encode video for you?
It is important to note that the capture card does NOT do the encoding itself; that will still be done by your streaming PC. A common misconception is that capture cards will both capture and then encode the video files, which would lead to some offloading of processing from your computer to the capture card.
2. How powerful of a computer do I need to stream?
You’ll likely be doing most of your streaming from a gaming laptop or gaming desktop PC. As far as specs go, game streaming website Twitch recommends having at least an Intel Core i5-4670 processor (or its AMD equivalent), 8GB of RAM and Windows 7 or newer.
That’s all for this guide right now. We hope this guide could help you to choose the best 4k capture card for pc.