The classic online 2v2 mode will be making its glorious return to PES next week, Jon Murphy has confirmed.
In an interview with Konami, the European PES Team Leader revealed that next Thursday's update will implement a number of significant fixes and corrections.
Patch 1.03 improvements include: the overall balance of the game has been addressed, enhanced aesthetics and improved movement of players. New goal celebrations and some small issues regarding MLO and other online modes are also on the way.
League mode remains to be absent from this year's game. However, when asked about the future of PES 2013, Murphy replied:
"We still have a number of elements that we, and they [the fans], feel need attention. We’ll let you know more very soon…"
You can read the full interview with Jon Murphy here on the official website.
* Update - 14 Dec *
Konami have since posted up another list of improvements of what the new update will bring. They are as follows:
- Improved offside calls by match officials
- Improved goalkeepers (especially those with an overall rating of 70+)
- Enter The Game winner, Edu Morilla, will be added - with his own Player ID and goal celebration
- New celebrations to improve the Player ID feature
- Tweaks to the AI to allow more fluid and intuitive player movements
The PES Team have also confirmed they have fixed a number of key issues. They include:
- Matchmaking issues in MLO when a guest user was logged in
- Better myPES communication and accessbility
- Several Online Pass issues
- COM controlled substitution issues in Community matches